Advocacy Matters, LLC works with private landowners, regional, local, and national land conservancies, as well as governmental agencies, social, educational, and environmental organizations to actively preserve those special places where life-long memories are created and legacies are forged. Conservation is a value-added resource in any community. Open space, trails, natural resources, and working ranch & agricultural lands are vital to our personal stories, and to our community’s health and well-being.
- Donation of a Conservation Easement or Trail Easement
- Outright Donation of Land
- Hybrid-Donation and Sale of Conservation Easement or Trail Easement
- Hybrid-Donation and Sale of Land
- Reserved Life Estate
- Donating Land or Conservation Easement by Will
Because options for conservation may not be readily apparent, and each property is unique, I meet with you out on your land to align your wishes with the best conservation tool.
Conservation is also a way to orchestrate the legacy of your land now and for the use and enjoyment of future generations. There are also many benefits inherent in conservation:
- Estate Planning →
- Federal Tax Deduction
- Estate Tax Incentive
- State Tax Credits
- Property Tax Savings
Please Note: Land Conservancies cannot provide tax and legal advice, and they routinely recommend that you consult with your own legal advisor when considering conservation of your land. Advocacy Matters can help you navigate and plan accordingly.
For Land Conservancies, Organizations, and Governmental Entities
- Drafting defensible conservation and trail easements
- Reviewing documentation and processes to ensure compliance with Land Trust Alliance Standards and Practices
- Resolving easement violations through mediation
- Minimizing recreational liability
- ADA compliance and accessible trails
- Accepting donations of land or structures
- Planned Giving